SANTA MARIA, CA –The Festivities for the 2017 Elks Rodeo kicks off with the time honored traditions of the Beard-A-Reno and Miss Wrangler Contests, presented by Santa Maria Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Fiat and Central Coast Distributing. According to this year’s Chairman, Chuck Biely, entrants may enter the contest now at the Elks Rodeo Office through Friday, April 7th at 5:00 p.m. All category winners will be awarded at the official dinner on Saturday, May 20th starting at 5:30 p.m.
A custom-made silver belt buckle will be awarded to the winner of the Miss Wrangler Contest and to the winners of the thirteen ‘whisker’ growing categories, which include: Longest Beard, Blackest Beard, Whitest Beard, Reddest Beard, Best Goatee, Best Mustache, Best Sideburns, Best Attempt, Wildest, Best Western Characterization, Ladies’ Choice, Media Champion, and Best All-Around, with Central Coast Distributing as a major presenter of the various categories.
- All beard growing entrants and Miss Wrangler entrants must be 21 years of age or older
- All beard growing entrants must be clean-shaven at the time of registration (mustaches are okay, however entrants with mustaches at signups are not able to enter the Mustache category.)
- Registration fee for all entrants is $20 and includes a BBQ Beef Rib dinner, beans, salad, and entertainment by DJ Tymeless.The first ten ladies to enter the Miss Wrangler contest will receive a Wrangler Gift Certificate, to be redeemed for a pair of Wrangler jeans. In order to receive the certificate, entrants must be registered and must attend and participate in the event.General Public tickets (non-contestants) that wish to attend the Beard-A-Reno dinner and dance will also go on sale February 6th, by stopping by or calling the Elks Recreation/Rodeo Office at 925-4125 or stop by 1309 North Bradley Road, Santa Maria. We recommend getting tickets early as it usually sells out quickly! We wouldn’t want you to miss the excitement of the 58th Annual Elks Beard-A-Reno!
- No one under 21 years of age will be permitted to attend the event.
- All persons will be required to show valid ID at the entrance.
For more information, call the Elks Recreation Office at (805) 925-4125